For the discerning client who will accept nothing but the finest in everything, including the level of finish on their home, impeccably manicured grounds, and world class amenities, there is the community to which all others in Myrtle Beach are compared – Grande Dunes. Grand Dunes stretches from the ocean to across the Intracoastal Waterway, and is a 2,200 acre masterpiece like no other community in Myrtle Beach and the surrounding areas. There is a uniquely Mediterranean feel, from the landscaping and amenities centers, to the stucco clad single family homes and condos, many of which are built using insulated concrete form construction.
Whether you are looking for a primary residence or a vacation home, Grande Dunes offers a lifestyle and location unlike any other in Myrtle Beach. Home choices range from exquisite single family homes to luxury condominiums with golf, pond, ocean and Intracoastal Waterway views. The social, dining, and recreation options provided by Grande Dunes will keep you healthy and happy – the only problem is your guests will never want to leave!
Here is an overview of the amenities offered by Grande Dunes:
Socially, the centerpiece of Grande Dunes is The Ocean Club. It features Mediterranean architecture and offers residents private oceanfront access. There is a variety of dining and entertainment options to choose from. Sunbathe by the pool, order a gourmet meal in the dining room, or host your own private party. The Ocean Club is exclusive to Grande Dunes members and their guests, and offers a phenomenal beach experience. Here is what is included:
• Beach and Pool Services: includes private beach access, adult and children’s pools, and whirlpool. Enjoy chaise lounges, towels and beach umbrellas, along with food and beverage service around the pool and verandas.
• Guest passes can be purchased for the pool and are available on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. Limit of 8 guest passes per day per membership.
• Club locker rooms with men’s and women’s shower, changing facilities and lockers
• Casual Member Lounge
• Meeting, private events and activities space: ideal for lunches, cocktail parties, weddings and members-only beach and social gatherings
• Club dining: exquisite cuisine and outstanding service are provided in the dining room, bar, and the outdoor verandas overlooking the ocean. Members have the opportunity to charge all food and beverage services.
Treat yourself to Golf at Grande Dunes, with two of Myrtle Beach’s most beautiful and challenging courses. The Resort Club will test your ability and has seven holes that play along the Intracoastal Waterway. The exclusive Members Club is also a challenging layout and finishes up with a gorgeous view of the Members Clubhouse. The meticulous maintenance of the courses, first class treatment by the golf course staff, and great food at the clubhouse make Grande Dunes golf a priority for any serious player.
The Resort Course at Grande Dunes was recently named the “National Golf Course of the Year” by the National Golf Course Owners Association of America. It is built on a high bluff creating spectacular views of the Intracoastal Waterway, Grande Dunes Marina and the Marina Inn at Grande Dunes. The course has a great links design, with wide Bermuda fairways and large bent grass greens. The Resort Course clubhouse includes a full-service golf shop, lockers for men and women, a private dining room, large dining area and an outside veranda that overlooks the 9th and 18th greens.
Highlights of Grande Dunes Golf Club in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina:
• Seven dramatic holes along the Intracoastal Waterway
• Six sets of tees for golfers of all skill levels
• A fully equipped golf shop with National Merchandiser of the Year accreditation
• A graciously appointed clubhouse with beautiful Intracoastal views and casual dining, indoors and out
• A world-class practice facility with driving range and three practice greens
• Chipping green to accommodate short game practice from as far as 100 yards out
• Complimentary range balls with play
• GPS on each golf cart
• Cart paths available at entry and exit of each hole – carts never restricted to cart paths only
The Grande Dunes exclusive Members Course was designed by PGA Hall of Fame golfer Nick Price and award-winning architect Craig Schreiner. It features wide fairways, is a more traditional course, and also has bent grass greens. The course, along with the practice facility, makes the Grande Dunes Members Club a fortunate perk of being a member! After golf, members can enjoy a cold beverage at the clubhouse, which includes a large veranda overlooking the 9th and 18th greens. There is a full-service golf shop, dining areas, a bar with a nice selection of drinks, casual dining on the terrace or bistro, locker and card rooms for ladies and gentlemen – there is almost too much to list! The Grande Dunes Members Club offers regularly scheduled member events, and The Club’s cocktails, dinners, banquets, and galas is a great way to meet your neighbors.
Brad Redding, of the Grande Dunes Golf Academy and ranked as a Top 100 Instructor by Golf Magazine, can assist in player improvement at Grande Dunes. The Academy offers:
• State-of-the-art computer analysis
• V1 Digital Coaching System and Launch monitor
• Take-home DVD with personalized instruction
• On-course analysis
• Weather-protected teaching environment
• Brad Redding Tips Workbook
The Tennis Center at Grande Dunes is located adjacent to the Intracoastal Waterway and offers the following:
• South Carolina Tennis Association’s “Tennis Club of the Year”
• Fully stocked pro shop
• 10 Har-Tru courts; 8 lighted
• Men’s and ladies’ locker rooms
• Fitness room with state-of-the-art weight training and cardiovascular equipment
• Newly redesigned pool
• Members lounge overlooking the Waterway
• Outdoor terrace overlooking the tennis courts and pool area
• Lessons by USTA-certified pros; private lesson available
The 130-slip full-service Marina at Grande Dunes is one of the nicest marinas on the East Coast and can house 120 foot crafts.
Dining at Grande Dunes varies from casual to fine dining in a variety of settings. Enjoy the locally grown organic menu of WaterScapes at the Marina Inn, and enjoy their delicious French-style ice cream. Reflections is a great place to relax and unwind and features cocktails, fine wines and tapas. Hang out with friends and dine on beer and burgers at Anchor Café and enjoy the views of the Intracoastal Waterway.
Lunch and dinner can be enjoyed at the Ocean Club by the sea at Grande Dunes. The clubhouses of the Members Club and the Resort Club at Grande Dunes offer nice golf views to enjoy your favorite food and drinks.
Ruth’s Chris Steak House is next to the Marina Inn, and is well known for its steaks and award-winning wines. Indo at Grande Dunes Village offers both Japanese and Thai cuisine. Located at 17 Business & 79th Avenue North, Collectors Cafe serves a variety of gourmet selections in the dining room, night cap and dessert in its coffee bar, and local artists’ work on its walls. Across the street, Liberty Tap Room & Grill serves a wide variety of food and many choices of in-house beers.